Wednesday, May 29 at the Acton Town Hall from 8:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Most municipalities are now requiring contractors working in the Shoreland Zone to be certified if they are involved with soil disturbance activity, making certification a pre-requisite if you are doing excavation work in the state. For contractors who are looking to obtain DEP certification in erosion control practices, this required program in Basic and Advanced Erosion and Sediment Control practices will be offered in Acton. This is also open to those wanting to understand Erosion & Sediment control for residential properties and gravel roads or just how erosion can affect water quality in our lakes.
By attending this session, you qualify to become Maine DEP certified in erosion and sediment control practices after the completion of a site evaluation.
Registration fee is $25, and lunch will be provided.
Training Topics Will Include:
- Why is erosion control needed?
- Laws and regulations requiring erosion control
- Erosion and sedimentation
- Erosion control best management practices and planning
- Pollution prevention at construction sites
- Erosion control plan design